Saturday, November 07, 2015

Recesses of the Mind

A pain so deep you know not how to let go of it
Strengths turning to weaknesses you never thought of
Memories so strong that its hard to rub off
No one to open up to or share your inner conflicts with

Fear of being misunderstood, immature and probably selfish.
Cornered for being partial and loving conditional.
For being a person who has changed with time.
And for being perceived as the one who has it all.

Look beyond the deep eyes and the tired soul
Not the smile I flaunt
Dig for the thousand sorrows I hide
Stab me not with your love's brunt.

A bit of love, a bit of compassion
Add to it a pinch of understanding
Don't judge me for who I am not
Accept me with a sense of belonging

If you can't offer me this
I am hungry for nothing more
Leave me to my world of black and white
Don't make my heart go further sore.

I held your hand then and his now
Tomorrow I may walk lone and low
If you didn't understand me today
I don't expect you to understand me tomorrow

I will still be behind you
My care, my love or my feelings
Is here to stay
But as of now,
Lets stay away, lets stay happy.

No comments: