Monday, June 29, 2015

Quote Challenge - Day 1



I love quotes, especially the ones which befits the situation we are in at a point of time. It makes me believe somebody has gone through what I am currently going through and listening to his/her experience and wisdom is the finest way of inspiring myself. I feel I am a part of the journey, already traversed by a great soul.

On Day 1, I would like to mention the entire commencement speech by Steve Jobs at Stanford University (2005)as THE QUOTE which inspires me the most. I am sure all of you have come across it. If you haven't, I would sincerely urge you to do the same at the earliest. The lines, mentioned at the beginning of this post, are the ones which appeal the most to me in the entire address. I came across them while reading about Steve Jobs. Its been my favourite since then. In fact, I have a print out pinned to my cubicle wall which I religiously read to myself before I start work every single day.

These lines empower me. It reinforces the fact that we are the best masters of our self. It makes death look more like a milestone rather than a tombstone. Every time I read it, I feel like doing justice to my talent, my wishes, my knowledge, my ambition and my life. It stresses the fact that I am living my life for myself. Not for somebody else. It makes me fearless and resist the norm, if I know what's right and what's wrong. When I look at these lines, I also look at Steve and I feel he is speaking to me and only me and urging me to make that change in my life, which I have been postponing for no reason - logical or good enough. It frees me of the unwanted shackles holding onto me.

These lines, in fact the entire commencement address, has an utmost significance in my life. It has made me confident of the decisions I have taken till now and the ones I will ever take in future. It has made me tread on the career I wanted to and simultaneously leave behind everyone, who was illogical and dogmatic. Its not just a quote but a way of life for me.

Thank you Salvwi for nominating me for this wonderful challenge! I am fond of quotes and this opportunity gives me the perfect platform to write about the special ones. I have known you from quite a long time and reading your blogs just makes it better to know what goes on inside that creative mind of yours. I love your poems especially and the fact that you still pursue your writing passion so deeply inspires me to pursue mine.

Today I nominate Amit, Samparna and Amrita to take up this challenge. It has been a while since I read something on these lines from you guys.

The 3 day Quote Challenge is all about:
  1. Post one of your favourite quotes (different quote on each day) on three consecutive days. The quote can be from your favourite book, author or your own.
  2. Nominate 3 bloggers with each post to challenge them.
  3. Thank the blogger, who nominated you.

1 comment:

Samparna Tripathy said...

"Death more like a milestone than a tombstone"- definitely a powerful thought. You could treat this as quote in itself.